Platinumlist, the leading entertainment, sports and attractions ticketing solutions provider in the GCC operating in UAE, KSA, Oman, Kuwait, Bahrain & Philippines. The company is looking to recruit an experienced Operations Manager with a proven track record in Events ticketing industry or similar fields such hospitality or tourist attractions ticketing. Your primary task will be be to direct the team of event managers, and deliver on the highest standards of client expectations. This is a fast paced & exciting position where you will be required to solve problems in a crowded environment.
Key Job Functions
- Recruit, train and manage any staff required in the operational delivery of events in the region including ticketing managers, sales staff, office admin/customer service staff, temporary event support staff, etc. ensuring high standards of delivery of events.
- Identifying potential new clients within the UAE market whether local promoters/organisers or international companies and sign them up to use Platinumlist as their preferred/exclusive ticketing agent.
- Identify potential retail/other physical outlets for sales of tickets, and develop appropriate deals and relationships with such outlets to increase the sales and brand reach of Platinumlist within the region.
- Maintain and develop relationships with all key clients.
- Develop relationships with government and semi-government bodies involved in the licensing, promoting and regulating of events in UAE, in order to ensure
a) Platinumlist is considered a best-in-class partner for government events;
b) Platinumlist is aware of, and can advise on, all licensing and regulatory issues related to events;
c) Platinumlist can advise and influence any changes in government policy relating to events.
- Identify and feedback to the Platinumlist development team any desired/mandatory changes in the Platinumlist product offerings/systems that need to be implemented in the region.
- Manage all aspects of operational delivery of events, including pre-event set up, online sales, on-site sales and access control management, post-event reporting and client management.
- Maintain tight budgetary control of all operational aspects of the business in the region to ensure maximum profitability of events.
- Develop new products, services and revenue channels appropriate to the region to grow the revenue and profits of the business in UAE.
Key Candidate Requirements
- Drivers lisense
- Great communication skills
- Efficient time management
- Project management skills
- Must have managed some aspects of operational delivery of sizeable events including management of teams. Ideally this experience will be in ticketing/access control, but may be in a related area or in a role demonstrating transferable skill sets.
- Must have demonstrable experience in managing multiple P&Ls across a range of service-based products.
- Must have demonstrable experience of managing client relationships.
- Must have new business development/sales/sales management experience.
- Must have at least 3 years of team management experience.
- Must have a university degree.
- Must be computer literate, good with maths and accounting.
- Experience in managing ticketing of public events. Ideally the candidate should have worked within a ticketing agency in an operational for at least 3 years. However candidates without specific ticketing experience will be considered if the meet the other key criteria.
- Knowledge of the UAE event entertainment and business-to-business events industry, attractions industry.
- Experience of dealing with and negotiating with government and semi-government bodies in UAE.
- Experience of building client relationships and selling to new potential clients in a service-based industry.
- Experience of recruiting, managing and developing sales and operations teams.
- Must be numerate, literate and articulate
- Must be presentable
- Must have a university degree or equivalent, ideally in a relevant topic
- Must be capable of working independently
- Should have a flexible attitude to working hours as the events industry is not a “9 to 5” industry and requires work to be carried out outside normal working hours
- Must be available to travel if required
- Must hold a UAE driving license or international driving license that can be converted easily to a UAE driving license
- Attention to detail