ABOUT QASR AL WATAN
Qasr Al Watan is an incredible, new and unique landmark in the Middle East. A Palace brimming with knowledge, offering the world a first-of-its-kind insight into the Arab heritage and the governing principles that shaped the history of the United Arab Emirates and its vision to the future.
Qasr Al Watan is more than just a palace, it is an enriching interactive journey in a contemporary setting that reveals and reflects on governance, knowledge, and craftsmanship.
The Palace offers you a unique opportunity to marvel at majestic hallways that is sure to leave you with a meaningful experience, explore exhibitions that celebrate the region’s rich Arabic heritage and learn more about the rulers and governing institutions that shaped our great nation. You will also gain a deeper appreciation of the innovations that will drive the country’s future.OPENING HOURS:
Sunday - Tuesday - Wednesday
- Open: 10:00am
- Last entry: 5:00pm
- Palace closes: 6:00pm
Thursday - Friday - Saturday
- Open: 12:00pm
- Last entry: 6:00pm
- Palace in Motion Show: 7:30pm
- Last tickets for the show are 6:30 to 7:00 (30 minutes before the show)
Operating Hours during Ramadan
VISITOR INFORMATIONDress Code:
- Open: 11:00am
- Last entry: 4:00pm
- Exhibitions close: 4:45pm
- Palace closes: 5:00 pm
- Lightshow will resume after Ramadan
As a courtesy to other guests in the Palace and in accordance with local laws and customs, we ask all guests to please wear respectful clothing when in the palace. We kindly recommend over knees shorts and covered shoulders.
Photography & Videography:
- Non-commercial photography and filming are encouraged and allowed in all areas, excluding the use of wearable devices inside the Palace or Palace grounds
- When posting your photos on social media, feel free to tag them with #QasrAlWatanTour (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter)
- For commercial photography and filming please contact us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org to get the necessary access
- It is forbidden to take pictures or film any security personnel and security systems inside the Palace or on the Palace grounds
Arriving to the Visitor Centre by car, you will see the Visitor Centre car park. There are ample parking spaces available and there is no charge to park here.
For the safety and wellbeing of our guests, our valet parking service is currently unavailable.Cloakrooms & Lockers:
There are no cloakroom or locker facilities available on the Palace grounds. Visitors are encouraged to leave their excess belongings at home or in their vehicles.Wi-Fi:
There is no Wi-Fi available throughout the Palace grounds.Mobile phone:
In consideration for other visitors, mobile phones must be switched to silent.Strollers:
A limited number of strollers are available for hire within the Visitor Centre at a charge of AED 40. Pushchairs/strollers can be used around the Palace grounds but will need to be checked in at the security screening area in the Visitor Centre.
There is a shuttle services available for People of DeterminationRestrooms:
There are a number of restrooms available throughout the Visitor Centre, Ceremonial Gate, and the Palace.Prayer Rooms:
Prayer rooms are available in the Visitor Centre only. Prayer rooms will be open 5 minutes before prayer call time for a duration of 45 minutes only. There is a maximum capacity of 4 persons at a time due to social distancingSecurity Screening:
- Bags/cases larger than 500(W) x 350(H) (mm) will not be allowed through the security screening
- There are no locker facilities available; visitors with oversized bags will be refused entry
- If you are visiting Qasr Al Watan on your way to/from the airport, please use luggage storage facilities at the airport or your hotel
- On arrival, you and your belongings will be subjected to an airport-style security check
- Try to bring as little as possible, this will help you to get through the security screening quicker
- Much like the airport, please remove all metal objects from your pockets before going through the security arch
- Place cameras, phones, keys and wallets in your bag before placing the bag through the security scanner
- You may carry handbags, hearing aids and other electrical or electronic equipment needed for health reasons
- Do not hesitate to approach a security guard if you have any concerns or require assistance
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to, the following:
Food & Beverages:
- Food and Beverages (except bottled water)
- Penknives or knives of any kind
- Long umbrellas
- Bicycles, folding bikes, roller-skates or skateboards
- Pets or animals
- Large bags that can’t fit through airport-style security scanners
- CS gas (tear gas) or any weapon
- Max allowed is 15 inches high
- Single leg not allowed
- This should not be used to film, or photography the back palaces, or during the state visits at all
- Also not within the 100*100 meters Great Hall area
Dhiyafat Qasr Al Watan, found in the main Palace and Maqha Al Maktaba situated within Qasr Al Watan Library are temporarily closed.
Legma, a grab and go outlet, will be open.
A designated smoking area is located outside the Visitor Centre. Smoking (including e-cigarettes) is not permitted anywhere inside the Visitor Centre, the Palace or its grounds. If visitors are found smoking in non-designated areas, they will be asked to leave the premises.