ABOUT QASR AL WATAN
Qasr Al Watan is an incredible, new and unique landmark in the Middle East. A Palace brimming with knowledge, offering the world a first-of-its-kind insight into the Arab heritage and the governing principles that shaped the history of the United Arab Emirates and its vision to the future.
Qasr Al Watan is more than just a palace, it is an enriching interactive journey in a contemporary setting that reveals and reflects on governance, knowledge, and craftsmanship.
The Palace offers you a unique opportunity to marvel at majestic hallways that is sure to leave you with a meaningful experience, explore exhibitions that celebrate the region’s rich Arabic heritage and learn more about the rulers and governing institutions that shaped our great nation. You will also gain a deeper appreciation of the innovations that will drive the country’s future.VISITOR INFORMATIONDress Code:
- Should always wear long sleeve shirts (no short sleeve or tank tops allowed)
- Should always wear long skirts or pants (no short skirts allowed)
- Should always wear long pants (no shorts are allowed)
If you fail to abide with the above-mentioned dress code, it will result in your denied entry/access to the Palace. Qasr Al Watan does not provide alternative clothing options.
Photography & Videography:
- Non-commercial photography and filming are encouraged and allowed in all areas, excluding the use of wearable devices inside the Palace or Palace grounds
- When posting your photos on social media, feel free to tag them with #QasrAlWatanTour (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter)
- For commercial photography and filming please contact us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org to get the necessary access
- It is forbidden to take pictures or film any security personnel and security systems inside the Palace or on the Palace grounds
Arriving at the Visitor Centre by car, you will see the Visitor Centre car park. There are ample parking spaces available and there is no charge to park here.
Valet parking is available at the Visitor Centre car park at a charge of AED 52. It is available until 8:30 pm.Cloakrooms & Lockers:
There are no cloakroom or locker facilities available on the Palace grounds. Visitors are encouraged to leave their excess belongings at home or in their vehicles.Wi-Fi:
There is no Wi-Fi available throughout the Palace grounds.ATM:
There is an ATM located in the foyer area of the Visitor Centre.Mobile phone:
There is an ATM located in the foyer area of the Visitor Centre.Strollers:
A limited number of strollers are available for hire within the Visitor Centre at a charge of AED 40. Pushchairs/strollers can be used around the Palace grounds but will need to be checked in at the security screening area in the Visitor Centre.
Qasr Al Watan provides wheelchairs for people of determination and elderly visitors, which can be requested at the Visitors Centre. There will also be a custom-made buggy that can be requested to transport wheelchairs.
There are a number of restrooms available throughout the Visitor Centre, Ceremonial Gate, and the Palace.Prayer Rooms:
There are prayer rooms available for both men and women at the Visitor Centre and Zayed Gate.Security Screening:
- Bags/cases larger than 500(W) x 350(H) (mm) will not be allowed through the security screening
- There are no locker facilities available; visitors with oversized bags will be refused entry
- If you are visiting Qasr Al Watan on your way to/from the airport, please use luggage storage facilities at the airport or your hotel
- On arrival, you and your belongings will be subjected to an airport-style security check
- Try to bring as little as possible, this will help you to get through the security screening quicker
- Much like the airport, please remove all metal objects from your pockets before going through the security arch
- Place cameras, phones, keys and wallets in your bag before placing the bag through the security scanner
- You may carry handbags, hearing aids and other electrical or electronic equipment needed for health reasons
- Do not hesitate to approach a security guard if you have any concerns or require assistance
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to, the following:
Food & Beverages:
- Penknives or knives of any kind
- Long umbrellas
- Bicycles, folding bikes, roller-skates or skateboards
- Pets or animals
- Large bags that can’t fit through airport-style security scanners
- CS gas (tear gas) or any weapon
Qasr Al Watan features an array of dining options including gourmet sit-down restaurants, Dhiyafat Qasr Al Watan and Al Fowala, both found in the main Palace. Additionally, Maqha Al Maktaba is a quaint cafe situated within Qasr Al Watan Library. Legma, a grab and go outlet, is located in the visitor center and the main Palace.
A designated smoking area is located outside the Visitor Centre. Smoking (including e-cigarettes) is not permitted anywhere inside the Visitor Centre, the Palace or its grounds. If visitors are found smoking in non-designated areas, they will be asked to leave the premises.